Finance [Audit] Department, 10th floor
Mandirtala, Howrah – 711 102
|Birthday of Swami Vivekananda||12th January||Thursday|
|Birthday of Netaji||23rd January||Monday|
|Republic Day||26th January||Thursday|
|Saraswati Puja [Sree Panchami]||1st February||Wednesday|
|Good Friday & Birth day of Dr.B.R. Ambedkar||14th April||Friday|
|** Bengali New Year’s Day||15th April||Saturday|
|May Day||1st May||Monday|
|Birthday of Rabindranath Tagore||9th May||Tuesday|
|Independence Day||15th August,||Tuesday|
|** Id-Ud-Joha||2nd September||Saturday|
|** Vijaya Dasami||30th September||Saturday|
|Birthday of Gandhiji||2nd October||Monday|
|Lakshmi Puja||5th October||Thursday|
|** Birthday of Guru Nanak||4th November||Saturday|
|Christmas Day||25th December||Monday|
Sundays are holidays under the Negotiable Instrument Act.
01. In the year 2017, the following festivals / occasions fall on Sundays which are public Holidays under N.I.Act and hence have not been included in the list of Holidays:
|i) Doljatra||12th March||Sunday|
|ii) Muharram||1st October||Sunday|
03. General Instructions as laid down below in this Notification No. 5603-F[P2], dated 27.10.16 are to be followed in case of Muslim Festivals.
No. 5604-F(P2). Dated: 27.10.2016.
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 [XXVI of 1881], read with Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No. 20/25/56-pub[l] dated the 8th June, 1957 the Governor is pleased to declare the following days to be public holidays during the year 2017.
|1. Yearly closing of Bank Account||1st April||Saturday|
No. 5605-F(P2). Dated: 27.10.2016.
The Governor is pleased to notify that on the following days during the year 2017, which are not declared to be public Holidays, the offices under the Government of West Bengal with the exception of the offices of the Registrar of Assurances, Kolkata and Collector of the Stamp Revenue, Kolkata shall be closed.
|Day after Doljatra [Holi]||13th March||Monday|
|Birth day of Poet Bhanu Bhakt [for Darjeeling District only]||13th July||Thursday|
|** Janmastami||14th August||Monday|
|Mahasasthi of Durgapuja||26th September||Tuesday|
|Additional day in connection with Durgapuja||3rd October||Tuesday|
|Additional day for Lakshmipuja||6th October||Friday|
|Additional day in connection with Kalipuja||20th October||Friday|
|** Additional day in connection with Kalipuja & Bhatridwitya||21st October||Saturday|
|** Fateha-Dwaz-Daham||2nd December||Saturday|
i) In the year 2017, the following festivals/ occasions fall on Sundays which are public Holidays under N.I. Act and hence have not been included in the list of holidays:
|New Year’s Day [2017 A.D.]||1st January||Sunday|
|Ekadashi of Durgapuja||1st October||Sunday|
No. 5606-F(P2). Dated: 27.10.2016.
The Governor is pleased to declare that the following days may be observed as Sectional Holidays in the year 2017 for the employees of different communities mentioned against each:
|** Easter Saturday [for Christians only]||15th April||Saturday|
|** Baisakhi [for Sikh only]||15th April||Saturday|
|Buddha Purnima [for Buddhist only]||10th May||Wednesday|
|Sab-e-Barat [for Muslims only]||12th May||Friday|
|Karam Puja||To be notified later on|
|Chhat Puja||26th October||Thursday|
i) In the year 2017, the following festivals / occasions fall on Sundays which are public Holidays under N.I. Act and hence have not been included in the list of holidays:
|Mahabir Jayanti [for Jains only]||9th April||Sunday|
GENERAL INSTURCTIONS TO BE FOLLOWED IN ALL TYPES OPF HOLIDAYS INCLUDING HOLIDAYS FOR THE MUSLIM FESTIVALS
01. No substitute holiday shall be allowed if any of the festival – holidays initially notified subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
02. If there is any change in the date of Id-Ul-Fitre, Id-Uz-Joha, Muharram, Fateha-Duaz-Daham, Sab-e-Barat depending upon the sighting of the moon, holiday will be declared by a separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for this festival.
03. It may happen that the change of date of above occasions has to be notified at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement would be made through T.V./ A.I.R / Newspapers and Heads of Department / Offices of the State Government may take action according to such announcements without waiting for formal order about the change of date.
Special Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal